How do I split my individual sessions into separate inspection jobs?
By using the free software called HQ that comes with every CS10 and found on the HQ page at:
- You can split the sessions into individual jobs, or create a new job from sessions you select.
- After you import your CS10 into HQ, Right-Click on your job containing multiple sessions from the HQ Home Screen.
- Select “Split Job” and then the type of split you want to perform (Individual jobs or create a whole new job).
How do Jobs work on the CS10?
- The CS10 automatically saves photos, videos, and Autolog videos to a Job on the USB flash drive.
- The CS10 will open a new Job if there is not already one on the USB flash drive.
- The CS10 will add a new session to an existing job if you use the same USB Thumb Drive for multiple different jobs
- The CS10 will save media files to a new session to the job on the USB flash when it is ejected and when the CS10 shuts down.
- The CS10 will only record a new/separate job if you use a different USB Thumb Drive for each job
- You can Split Jobs with multiple sessions into separate jobs using SeeSnake HQ
How do I record a standard video?
- Press the Video Key to start and stop recording a video. The Video LED on the Main Keypad will be lit during video recording.
- Video and Autolog video can be recorded simultaneously and independent of each other. Both video recording types can be started and stopped without affecting the other.
How do I take a photo?
Press the Photo Key (The button that resembles a still photo camera) to take a photo.
What is Autolog Video and how do I use it?
- Autolog video captures a highly compressed video of an inspection, but uses a smaller file size than standard video. To utilize Autolog:
- Press the Autolog Key to start and stop recording an Autolog video. The Autolog LED will be lit during Autolog recording.
- Press the Microphone Mute Key to turn OFF the microphone and to record Autolog video without audio.
- Press the Photo Key or the Video Key to capture additional photos or higher frame rate video clips while recording an Autolog video.
Does the CS10 have a hard drive or any internal memory?
No, the CS10 was designed to record your Jobs to a USB drive. In order to capture and save data for distribution, you need to have a USB drive plugged into the unit.
Can the CS10 export my data to SeeSnake HQ?
- Yes, we have designed both the CS10 and SeeSnake HQ to work together in order to provide you and your customer with easy-to-use and powerful reporting and distribution options.
- You can transfer your Jobs to SeeSnake HQ by simply plugging the USB drive that you utilized with the CS10 into your SeeSnake HQ-ready computer.
- When you open SeeSnake HQ, it will automatically ask you if you’d like to import your Jobs.
I noticed that there is no keyboard on the CS10. How can I annotate my captured media?
The best way to make notes on your media is to export your data to SeeSnake HQ and edit it there. By doing this, you are also giving yourself the ability to email, print, burn, or upload your reports to your customers.
How do I review my images and videos?
- To review the files stored on the USB thumb drive, access the Media List from the Job Manager screen .
- In the Media List use the Arrow Keys and the Select Key to select media files. Alternatively, access the Job Manager screen from the Main Menu .
- Use the Right and Left Arrow Keys to fast forward and rewind video and Autolog recordings.
How do I locate my camera using the Sonde function?
- If using a SeeSnake pipe inspection system with a built-in Sonde, detect the camera’s location underground by using a locator such as the RIDGID SR-20, SR-24, SR-60, Scout or NaviTrackII.
- Press the Sonde Key on the CS10 to turn the Sonde ON and OFF.
- Run the SeeSnake push cable from 5 ft to 10 ft [1.5 m to 3 m] into the pipe
- Use the locator to find the Sonde position by setting it to Sonde mode and by scanning in the direction of the Sond’s probable location until the locator detects the Sonde.
- If desired, extend the SeeSnake push cable further down pipe and locate the Sonde again starting from the previous located position.
- Once you have detected the Sonde, use the locator indications to zero in on its location precisely.
- For detailed instructions on Sonde locating, consult the operators manual for the locator model you are using.
Where can I find the specifications for the CS10?
Please visit the CS10 Product Page for full specifications and details located at the following link:
How do I check for a software update for my CS10?
If a yellow exclamation icon appears next to any of your equipment listed in the equipment locker, it indicates that you need a software update on your device. You can simply click on the device and then click update to update your software. After you update your software, this icon will no longer appear.
- Install the included HQ software on a PC/laptop and check for CS10 updates in HQ by inserting a USB flash drive into the computer. If you do not have an HQ install disk, you can download it HERE.
- HQ may ask you to register for free the first time you start it. After doing so, you can add equipment to the HQ Equipment Locker and update the software for your devices.
- To update your device, click the updates button in the top left menu bar, then select your device, (You can also click on your CS10 on the left in the Equipment Locker, and click the update button that appears on the right). You must be connected to the internet to update your device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to Insert a thumb drive into your computer, select the USB thumb drive you plugged in to create installation drive, and wait for the update to download and create the installation.
- Once downloaded, simply insert the USB thumb drive into the CS10, power it up and agree to install the update when it prompts you.
- If it doesn’t accept the update on the first try, try again by removing the USB thumb drive and plugging it back in. If your device is already up to date, nothing will happen. You can check for the latest software version HERE.
- If you update your device software, HQ will show it as a pending update until you import new inspection jobs again from your device again.
If a yellow attention icon appears next to any of your equipment listed in the equipment locker, it indicates HQ recognizes that as a new or unregistered device. After you register your equipment, this icon will no longer appear.
I’d like to deliver my report via USB drive. How do I do that?
- After closing current Jobs and finalizing a Report, remove the thumb drive from the CS10 and insert it into a USB port on a computer to view the list of files.
- Double-click the file named report.html to view the media in a web browser. Click on the preview of each media item in the web browser to view full size photos and to playback video and Autolog video.
- Use the browser’s back button to return to the initial page.
Why does the USB LED blink continuously after inserting a USB drive into the CS10
The system may have had a problem initializing the USB drive. Try removing then reinserting it.
Why did I get an Unsafe Shutdown Message?
- When you get the Unsafe Shutdown message on your CS10, Pressing the select button on the keypad (the button in the center of the 4 arrow buttons) will clear the message.
- Pressing the select button is the only way to clear it once it has popped up. Also, you cannot power down the unit using the power button until the message is cleared by pressing the select button.
Why after booting the system, it beeps and shows the message “Unit shutdown unexpectedly”?
- The system was not shutdown with the power button. Improperly shutting down the CS10 without using the power button can lead to loss of media on the USB drive.
- You will need to acknowledge this message by pressing the ‘Select’ button on the CS10 before shutting the unit down again.
What does “Eject Media” mean?
- This is a way to safely remove the USB drive from the system. One should always Eject the USB drive before removing it.
- Ejecting allows the system to finish writing any media to the USB drive. After ejecting, be sure to wait until the green USB LED turns off before removing the drive.
- Depending on the version of software on the CS10, the unit may also show a message saying Safe to Remove USB. This message will be seen until the drive is removed.
I’ve noticed that none of my media has any distance count information on it once I try to play it on my computer. Why is this?
- By default, the CS10 software shows you the Count information, but does NOT record this information to the actual media.
- In order to stamp your media with Count information, you will need to navigate to Menu > Settings > Overlay and toggle it to On.
- In order to do this, you will need a SeeSnake CountPlus on your SeeSnake Reel.
My monitor appears “black” but I can still see the overlay. What happened?
- It could be that the contrast on the monitor is at its lowest setting.
- Try setting it back to the halfway point on the adjustment bar. If no camera is plugged in, a blue screen will be visible. If a camera is connected, the video should be visible again.
- Check the cable connection between your reel and monitor.